Basic Infection Prevention & Control
Upon completion of this course, you will have increased your knowledge of current, evidence-based information on preventing and controlling the spread of infection. Specific learning objectives include:
- Discuss the impact of community-acquired and healthcare-associated infections.
- Define key terms related to infection prevention and control.
- Describe the chain of infection as it applies to infection prevention and control.
- Explain methods to prevent the spread of infection.
- Summarize the engineering, work practice, and environmental controls that protect against healthcare-associated infections.
- Identify barriers and personal protective equipment for protection from exposure to potentially infectious material.
- Discuss efforts designed to minimize the risk of occupational exposure to infectious diseases.
Course Outlines :
- Standard precautions (Common terms, hand hygiene, PPEs, cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization)
- Practical workshop.
- Occupational safety and health
- Number of lectures 3
- Number of hours 01:33:01
- Infection control manager in Smouha international hospital (2018- till now )
- Infection control supervisor in Andalusia hospitals (2014-2017)
- Infection control supervisor in Madina women`s hospital (2017-2018)
- University of veterinary medicine class of 2011
- Diploma in food hygiene and control from the high institute of public health class of 2012-2013
- Master in Epidemiology and public health from a high institute of public health class of 2017
- Diploma in infection control from the Ministry of health class of 2018
For Asking Question: