Raising great calves is a crucial step toward profitability, The most critical rearing period covers the time from birth to 12 weeks of age. It includes feeding (colostrum, milk/milk replacer, concentrates, fibre and water), housing, general husbandry and health management.
Course including also proper managing of heifers till maturity & breeding.
- Transition period
- Dry matter intake
- Sire selection
- Blood Calcium level & Milk fever prevention
- Care of the born calf.
- Managing young stock nutrition
- Calf housing
- Udder development
- Physiology of GIT
- Calf rearing systems
- Control of major health programs.
- Calf scour
- Design a control program
- Number of lectures 3
- Number of hours 02:29:04
- Chief Executive Officer Consultant, DINA FARMS.
- Livestock Director, DINA FARMS.
- Bachelor of veterinary medical science, 1990, Cairo University.
- Master’s Degree in Surgery, Anesthesia, and Radiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University 2010.
- PH.D. in Surgery, Anesthesia, and Radiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University 2019.
For Asking Question: